Who is Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center?
The Seattle-based care center is one of the largest and most respected healthcare organizations in the world when it comes to preventing, diagnosing, and treating cancer, HIV/AIDS, and other related diseases. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center merged with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) and is a clinically integrated part of UW Medicine and is UW Medicine's cancer program. This nonprofit organization has a staff of over 2,500 people and includes a team of world-renowned scientists and humanitarians.
• Outdated fleet of copiers/printers that were costly to operate, labor-intensive to maintain, lacked features of current technology
• Project expense tracking was a vital need, due to the volume of grants received and associated reporting requirements
• Organization growth and usage increased so consumable cost was constantly increasing
• Accurate budgeting for projects became difficult, and a solution was needed to make reporting accurate
• Endless cycle of Project ID codes being reset after each project became a burden for IT staff with 12 different departments
• Installed 118 Canon imageRUNNER MFPs and Canon's UniFLOW Output Manager print management software suite
• New equipment/software provided quick authentication of walk-up users and allowed administrators to focus on targeted reports
• Indentified departments and users with the highest volume and measured device utilization for optimal deployment
• Tracked usage of more efficient duplex and multi-up printing
• Analyze volume by date and time for proper support staff assignments and ensured that active projects would be tracked & charged accurately; Protected against charges being applied to closed projects plus saved a significant amount of money
• Improved overall operations
• Saved over $3 million in equipment costs over a 5 year period
• Saved $28,000/year on consumables
• Saved $18,000/year due to the proper Project ID authentication & eliminating manual Project ID loading
• Staff improved efficiency by utilizing electronic document distribution instead of printing hard copies before sending
• Removed burden of managing printing devices from IT staff
"We selected the Copiers Northwest solution because they met the needs of our ever-changing scientific environment better than the competition. Not only did they save us a lot of money and make our staff more efficient, but I also consider them the best vendor I've worked with here at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center."
- Mark Burch, Director of Materials, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center