Protecting our environment requires everyone’s participation. At Copiers Northwest, we have embraced this opportunity. Additionally, we have the wherewithal to make a difference due to our leadership role in the local business communities we serve and we accept this responsibility. We have aligned ourselves with ISO14001 manufacturers and we work with our customers to enforce and enhance their “green” initiatives so they too are recognized as responsible corporate citizens.
- We created PrintSmart, our managed print services program, to enable customers to have a more efficient printing environment
- We ensure all equipment can be de-manufactured
- We reuse parts still in “cycle of life” quality
- We encourage customers to keep documents in electronic form and print on both sides of the paper for lengthy documents or whenever possible
- We represent only manufacturers that qualify for the ENERGY STAR label
- We recycle end-of-life copiers locally
- We offer a selection of remanufactured and refurbished products, including recycled toner cartridges
In addition to the demands we’ve placed on our manufacturers and the assistance we’re providing customers, Copiers Northwest has taken the necessary steps internally to make sure we are recognized as an eco-friendly corporation.
- Installed solar hot water heating
- Switched to LED bulbs
- Use 100% recycled Gray’s Harbor paper and 100% non-bleached recycled paper towels
- Placed plastic and aluminum recycling bins in all facilities
- Our distribution center has a recycling center for packaging materials and spent toner cartridges
- Purchased environmentally friendly vehicles like our Smart Car