The Solimar® Print/Director 2000 is a production document delivery solution, combining integrated host to printer connectivity with fast accurate print stream conversion, routing, and advanced queue/spool management in one modular product.
- Companies with legacy print equipment that want to take advantage of new print technologies (such as the imageRUNNER product line) use the Solimar® Print/Director¿ to facilitate an easy transition. The Print/Director 2000 provides connectivity, data stream conversion, and sophisticated job management into one modular product. This set of capabilities makes it possible for the imageRUNNER to accept jobs that are intended for Xerox or IBM equipment without the customer having to rewrite their applications to output Postscript, PCL, or other file formats.
- Additionally, Solimar Print/Director addresses a wide range of output management needs. Today's customers want to do more than just print, they have needs to display, manage, and archive documents electronically. The Print/Director provides simple solutions to many complex output problems whether centralized or distributed in nature. With Solimar's industry proven products, training programs, sales tools, and sales support, Canon sales representatives are empowered to take a more consultative approach to selling imageRUNNER products.
- Base System
- Runs on Windows 2000 - This operating system is widely used, is easy for companies to support, and has evolved into a robust, reliable, platform for running mission-critical applications.
- Graphical Interface (GUI) - Graphical interfaces are easier and more intuitive to use than command line interfaces. Analysts and Engineers configure Solimar®'s Print/Director¿ using a keyboard and mouse without the need for programming. Operators manage hosts, printers, and jobs on familiar Windows screens. Manual control of print jobs is accomplished with the click of a mouse.
- Modular Architecture - The design of Solimar Systems Print/Director 2000 gives companies the flexibility to purchase connectivity and conversion modules that fit their exact needs. This modularity facilitates cost savings and provides quick solutions as modules can be added or removed to support changes in the customer's environment.
- Concurrent Processing - The system can be configured to process jobs from multiple hosts to multiple output devices simultaneously.
- Highly Stable & Reliable - Solimar has thousands of Print/Director systems installed worldwide in production environments running mission critical applications. The systems utilize industry standard platforms and proven technologies.